Monday, September 22, 2008

YAY Emmy! BOO Emmy!

I must say, I really do love award shows. I don't know why. But I do. Sure they're cheesy and stupid and lasts way too long, but I just love them. I love trying to predict winners, I really suck at the Emmys but am pretty good at the Oscars. This year, I sat down, on the couch, in front of the TV and watched them with Allegra...who proceeded to tell me the entire time how stupid she thought it was [you know she would much rather be playing Mario Kart]. Also, we had to try and explain the whole dealio to her, she's from Taiwan. She was having trouble comprehending. Overall, I thought it was OK. Here are some of my thoughts about the show tonight:

YAY!

Paul Giamatti wins!- Sure I haven't seen the John Adams series, but I love Paul Giamatti. He is criminally underrated as an actor, the fact that he wasn't nominated for an Oscar for Sideways or American Splendor is a crime against humanity, [they gave him the pity nod for Cindarellaman the next year], so that's emmy's for recognizing the awesomeness that is Paul Giamatti.

Mad Men wins best drama series-great show, season one was just so good, it would be a crime if it didn't win best drama.

Colbert Report wins best writing- finally Colbert has one emmy, it only took them three or four years to realize just how great the show was, he'll probably continue to brag about this until he loses again.

Bryon Cranston wins- I thought for sure it was going to be Paul Hamm from Mad Men, but from what I hear, from EW and Allegra, is that he, and the show, are really good. must check this show out now.

Ricky Gervais getting his award back from Steve Carell-awesome.

Don Rickles and Kathy Griffin ramble about nothing in particular- 'let's read the hilarious dialgue they have written for us' awesome!

Pushing Daisies wins something!- I think best directing in a comedy series, I'm glad they won something, such a cute show!

Jimmy Kimmel announcing the winner of Best Reality Show Host 'after the break'.

Boo!
The office doesn't win anything- how can that be?

Jeremy Piven wins again- it's like he's the new James Spader or Tony Shalhoub, the academy just have a boner for this guy.

30 rock wins again- thumbs down!

That chick from Samantha Who? over Kristin Chenoweth? Seriously?

Jeff Probst wins best reality show host?

Amazing Race wins again? They're like the new Jeremy Piven- the academy totally has a boner for them- 6 years running. Top Chef is way better.

Was it necessary to have the five nominees for best reality show host, host the ceremony? They were really retarded, they should have just gotten Jimmy Kimmel to host, he would have been way better.

No comments: