Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Geekiest Thing My Dad Has Ever Said.

My dad flew back from Wisconsin today, where he was taking care of my ailing grandparents [my grandpa has cancer, which has spread more throughout his body, he was doing fine, but apparently is starting to go a little bit].  He picked me up after my class, and we went out to eat, and has the normal kind of awkward conversation that we normally have.  Sometimes I think my Dad doesn't know what to say to me, because apparently he tells my sister things he never tells me.  Like drug related, like apparently he told my sister some drugs she should try in college that would totally expand her horizons.  Me, not so much.  Maybe it's just cuz I'm younger?  Who knows. Anyway, so my dad is dropping me off, and he says, and I quote, 'Say 'Hi' to fexofenadine for me.'

Fexofenadine, as I'm sure you're all aware, is the scientific name for allegra, as in the drug and the name of Allegra.  

That's my dad's bioscientist's brain going to work for you.

1 comment:

Ali said...

This is pretty amazing, man.