Sunday, October 5, 2008

One Week Later.

Since there was no new Office episode this week because of the VP debates [Biden kicked Palin's ass, then handed it to her on a silver platter and forced fed it down her throat], I thought I would talk about last weeks opener. If you missed it, it is embeded, in its entirety, below.

Wow, what a way to start the show: With a Jim proposal. Awesome. The show was so fast paced though, I felt like I needed to watch it five or six times to get everything [and trust me, I have watched this episode, way too much]. One of the only bummers was the lack of the usual hilarious cold open. Next week, hopefully?

The one bummer of the episode, for me anyway, was that they got rid of the most awesome joke: Kevin being mentally challenged. That was my favorite joke from last year, and I was so excited that they brought it back this year, until Holly out and tells Angela off for yelling at Kevin because he's mentally handicapped. Couldn't they have saved that for like three or four episodes from now? That would have been awesome.

Then there is the whole Dwigt-Angela-Andy love triangle. If you can even call it that. It seems that Angela is getting her freak on with Dwigt, while leaving Andy out in the cold. It's like, I honestly can't believe they are going through with this wedding. I hope it does not come to fruition or else I will be bummed. Dwangela forever! Just for funsies, check out this website for an updated on the wedding plans of Andy and Angela.

Then, you have Michael and Holly. They are seriously the same person. Just the way Holly dodged Oscar after making a joke that she was gay, a very Michael thing to do. Make a terrible joke, that enevitably offends the person, then mumble and get the hell out of the room. These two were made for each other. I used to think that Jan was the perfect woman for Michael, but then I realized something. Jan is, as Oscar put it, 'clinically insane'. And Michael seems harmless enough that he should be with someone less crazy.

Then there is poor Jim, left in the office with no one to joke around with. Pam is off in art school, making new friends [and possibly a new Jim?] without Jim. I am kind of digging the separation thing though. The two of them were too perfect last season. Time to shake things up a bit, and create some new drama. That doesn't mean that I want them to break up. That would not be acceptable in any stretch of the imagination. That proposal was too awesome to get fucked up by 'distance' or 'other people'. I just like them having real problems.

I am seriously excited for next week, and an episode called Buisness Ethics. Should be awesome.

1 comment:

Ali said...

First off, I like Dwangela, but when Andy was so into Angela, I like, felt bad for him. And I kinda loved when she put emotion towards him. It made me like, actually like Angela.

Second, I must be the only person who prefers Jim and Pam separate. It just makes better tv. Like, them together, is hella boring. But they couldn't really have them not together for much longer. I like that Pam is growing up and leaving Jim in the background. I think this might led to another drastic Jim thing(come on, the engagement was like, I need to be reassured. Right now. He was feeling totally bad and needed to do it to remind him he's loved. He's a hurt soul. I love him more because of that).

And I forgot what else to say.