Thursday, October 23, 2008

John McCain Ads Redone.

What if John McCain hired famous directors to make his political ads?



Here are my thoughts.

John Woo-Not really sure what to say here, I don't know if I have ever seen any John Woo movies. A quick look on imdb says I have actually seen two Woo movies, Face/Off and Mission: Impossible II, both of which I really enjoyed. Face/Off a total guilty pleasure, I mean the plot is so convoluted, I mean a good guy [John Travolta] getting a face transplant from a bad guy [Nicolas Cage] in order to pose as the bad guy, but then the bad guy wakes up or something, and then gets the good guy's face put on his. So ridiculous, but so entertaining. I totally remember renting this movie when I got my wisdom teeth removed, along with I think The Cell and something else. Good times. And M:I II? That was back while Tom Cruise was still cool, and not crazy. Anway, way off point. The Woo portion of the video was ok, I guess. Don't really know John Woo style, besides slow mo action scenes.

Kevin Smith-They decided to go old school Kevin Smith and did the segment à la Clerks. Meh. The dialogue was not near fast enough to even be in the relm of a Kevin Smith flick. And while Kevin Smith has a penchant for the Star Wars dialogue, it was not near witty enough to BE Kevin Smith dialogue. Also, he only has ever made one black and white film, with that sort of style, so not really applicable.

Wes Anderson-I would say pitch perfect. The long one take, moving in slight slow motion with a Bowie song playing over it. Perfection. The only decent one in the bunch.

No comments: