Sunday, June 1, 2008

I. Am. Weird.

I realized recently that I am a weird person.  Like SUPER weird.  For instance, I am right handed and do everything with the right side of my body.  The left side is like a functionally retarded person.  Like it just can't do anything properly, and is just super weak at everything.  I tried batting from the left side once and jammed my ring finger, on my right hand.  Anyway, a couple of weeks ago, my sister came for a visit and we were walking and our purses kept bumping because we wear them on opposite shoulders, (I wear mine on the left and she wears hers on the right) and I remember thinking, "that's odd I didn't realize my sister was left handed,"  because in my mind I was thinking that everyone wears their purse on their opposite shoulder.  I recently came to the realization that that is not the case.  Most people wear their purses on the right shoulder, no matter how they write.  My mom, for instance, is left handed, yet wears her purse on the right shoulder.  And I've been taking mental notes of everyone I see, and almost everyone wears it on the right.  So clearly I am just a weird person. 

And how weird of a word is "weird."  It always trips me up.  When I was younger they drilled into my brain, "i before e except after c" and apparently after w in the word weird.  It's like why make a rule like that and then say that there is one exception to it, when in actuality there are other exceptions to that rule.  It just bugs me is all.  

I know, I am weird.

No comments: