Sunday, June 22, 2008

Totally saw Rihanna...Or at Least the Back of Her

After leaving Central Park, we saw a stage set up and a crowd gathered, and decided to see who it was performing, and found out it was Rihanna.  Apparently she was performing on the Early Morning show.  Now I'm not much a fan of her or her music, I've only heard "Umbrella", and usually just in the gym when I would work out, since I don't really listen to the radio all that much, I avoided it for a while.  Needless to say I was probably the least excited person there.  For the record, she sang three songs, two of which I don't know the names to, I think the one was called, "please don't stop the music" at least that was something she kept of repeating, so I'm just assuming, and then she sang her new song, whatever that is, and then she sang "umbrella", twice as a matter of fact.  I think they were having technical difficulties with it the first time they sang it.  Here are some funny things I overheard:

Some girl who was standing behind us, who was like calling everyone she knows to tell them about it, she was like, "You know that umbrella bitch?"  

And after she came out, there were some kids standing next to us: "Gimme the camera, I can see her head! I can see her head!"

So here are some pictures, note: we were standing behind the stage, who knows how early they got there to get a good view of her:



Drums.


We were by CBS studios, and the apple store.


My favorite guy in the place?  The guy reading the paper.  You just know that guy got dragged there by his daughter or hip wife or something.  And he went, but he wasn't going to enjoy himself.


Drums and Keyboards.


Rihanna, cut off by the white sheet thing.


Rihanna, chatting with the bad, she's in front of the drummer, to the right.


You can actually see her face in this one.


I got a lot of back shots of her.  She's in black.


Rocking out. Or waiting for commercial break. Either or.


Singing a song.


Lights.  Camera.  Action.

I think they might be waiting in this one.


People standing on a truck to see her, and my favorite guy reading his newspaper during commercial break.


Getting her make-up done.


Everyone trying to get a picture of her, any way possible.


My favorite guy is the keyboard playing, he was totally rocking out.


Singing a song.


Hydrating.


Singing.


You can kind of see her through the bars.

No comments: