Monday, June 16, 2008

Beach Games: East Coast Edition

This weekend, a couple of friends and I went to the beach... in Jersey.  

Here are some observations:

1. Jersey Drivers are crazy!  Now I'm somewhat used to driving in Jersey, whenever I drive to New York, you have to go through Jersey, but for some reason, the deeper you get into Jersey, the crazier the driving is.  Like people going way over the speed limit, and cutting right in front of you, scary stuff.  At some points I was terrified for my life.  This leads me to think that I should avoid Jersey as much a possible.

2. The Jersey Parkway is scary.  So we were just driving along, on a normal three-lane highway, when the directions told us to merge on to the Parkway.  We exit and head in that direction, and when we rounded the corner it suddenly turned into like a ten-lane road, with cars everywhere, and not really knowing where we were going, it was scary.

3.  Really, you have to pay to go to the beach, really?

4.  The sand at the Jersey beach was like coarser than the sand in California.

5. Getting ditched on the beach for two hours and left watching your friend's stuff sucks ass.

6.  Sun burns really suck ass.  Especially when you think you're protecting yourself with sunscreen only to have it wash off in the water even, unbeknownst to you (hah celebrity rehab, oh Daniel Baldwin).

7.  I don't know how healthy it is to inhale all that Jersey water, I hope it's not full of toxins...

8.  It kind of was pointless waking up at 6 in the morning...

So I guess that's about it.  All in all it was fun minus the sun burns and the getting ditched part.  I leave you now with some pictures,( not as artistic as the last ones):


The Beach, not nearly as pretty as the beach in California, in my opinion:

After getting ditched, I ended up digging a hole with a sea shell that I found:

Just for reference, I could fit my beach ball in it, it was pretty deep:

The pier, with fun and games:

Sarah looking for sea shells and stuff:

The other side of the boardwalk, with a Ferris Wheel:

It was so bright out:

Another difference between the beach in San Fran and in Jersey, planes kept flying over head advertising stuff:




No comments: