Monday, June 16, 2008

My Mom Has Gone A Little Crazy

My mom has started talking to our dogs....a lot.  It's average to talk to your pets as if they're human and can understand you, which they can, but ever since I've gone off to college, my mom has started talking to them way more.  She like has whole conversations with them, and the bulk of our conversations consists of her telling me something "funny" the boys did.  It often starts off with, "I don't know if I told you this, but the other day Luke did this thing...", and I nod and say, "Uh hu."  They way she talks about them, you would think they really were people.

And she has gotten them to be "fans" of football and baseball.  For instance, whenever the Eagles score a touchdown, they make the boys do a "touchdown" move and then give them a treat.  And now that it's baseball season, it's whenever the Phillies get a home run my mom and Phil shout, "it's outta here" and the boys jump down, get very excited and get a treat. 

I guess whatever gets you through the day.

No comments: