Sunday, June 22, 2008

New York, New York

This past Friday, my friend Lauren and I went into the big city for a day of fun and what turned out to be a lot of music.  We start our journey in Central Park.  Lauren wanted to go see where they tape the view, we never made it, but we did walk all the way down to 66th street (we started out on 42nd street) only to find out that we were on the opposite side of the park, so we walked through the park.  It was very nice, in the shade it was like a perfect temperature, with a nice little breeze.  Here are some pics (note: captions are now below pictures): 


So this was a part in the park where there were many baseball diamonds, and we saw a couple of old guys playing some baseball, not hot.  I also really like the skyline.


I just thought the buildings looked really cool, still at the same part in the park, note the baseball diamond.


One of many tunnels in the park.  I have a couple of pictures of Lauren posing, but I prefer the candid one the best.


The other side of the park, with it's buildings.  I like landscape pictures the best.


Some random little patio area.


A rock at a crossroad in the park.


This is some fun little jazz band we stumbles upon in the park.   We sat and listened to them for a while, we must have listened to at least three songs.


This guy was one of my favorite band members, just because he didn't do anything half the time.  He would just sit down and smoke his cigarette, he took a smoke break like every two or three minutes.  It makes me wonder how he got into this band, because clearly he has no real drive.  I could totally write a story about this guy, and make it into a movie, and Paul Giamatti could totally play him.


Seriously, the guy was always taking a break, I do have a picture of him actually playing, but don't feel like putting it in at the moment.  Oh yeah, my other favorite part was after they were done playing, the asian guy playing the trumpet would do all the talking, dude could barely speak english, and had a very thick accent, it made it that much more entertaining.


These little girls were so cute, they were dancing along with the music, and at one point they were dancing with each other, like waltzing, so adorable.  Plus that one girl has got awesome glasses, if I were three I could totally rock them.


As we entered the zoo area, I saw this random bear fountain.  And, yes, there are frog squirting water out at the bottom.


The zoo is to the right, it was a very picturesque area.


Another skyline picture from where we were. 


So we were walking down the way, when I turn and look to my left and saw this.  Clearly these people work on the puppet show at the zoo.  I wonder what kind of stuff they tell the kids, probably try to get them to care about animals and stuff them with facts, which they probably won't even remember when they walk out of the puppet area.  At least they try.


At this one point in the walk, we got a clear view of the seals.  If you look closely in the middle of the bottom of the tank you can see the seal.  And I didn't even have to pay to see it.  I totally beat the system.


Some random star/flower thing.


A statue of something.  It's gold and it has a horse and some people.

No comments: