Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day 4- To the Grand Canyon!

So we drove all the way to the grand canyon, and managed to make it for sun set.  It really sucked going through New Mexico, it seemed like every 10 miles there was construction going on.  And of course, we inevitably would get stuck behind a truck, which would go sooooo slow.  But we made it to the Grand Canyon, but only caught the tail end of the sunset, because my mom insisted on checking in to our room, we were staying inside the park, but we didn't have a view of anything, which took about an hour, because people kept asking for directions, even though there is only one road.  But, we still caught it.  Then we ate dinner at one of the lodges, it took us about an hour to get in, and then another hour to eat, and my jaw kept like clicking, so I was like moving my head in a way that resembled Dustin Hoffman in Rainman, and I kept slurring my words because I was really tired, I swear if someone was watching us, they would think my mom had a mentally challenged child.



A new guy joining us on our trip, a I miss Bill donkey, from the Clinton Library.

Really old farm.

They say in Texas, you can watch your dog run away for 2 days. That's how flat it is.




A hole from the rainy clouds.

God is shining down on that one area.

It was really light where we were, but we were heading back into the darkness.


I wonder what you can do there?

This town was called Jon.



It's a horse, chasing a lion?

Some random structure in the middle of nowhere.

This train had these things on them...
...it was a really long train.



Cows! Down the road...

...some horses.

Weird bridge near Albuquerque.




These trucks were having the slowest race imaginable.  We kept cheering Pam on, it literally took 20 minutes for Pam to pass land (it's missing the ENG), and Marten.





DINOS!  I wonder if they're from the Dino World in Kentucky?




A rainstorm off in the distance, you could see lightning hitting at some points.

Not the grand canyon, but a smaller canyon.

Maybe the making of another Grand Canyon, I'll come back in a million years and see.

Now this, is the Grand Canyon.



Sunset:















1 comment:

Ali said...

*throws a million toothpicks down*

How many are there??? You say you're Rainman....prove it! haha