Sunday, August 10, 2008

Best of Show

So You Think You Can Dance is over, a new winner crowned in Joshua, a winner I'm pretty happy about, seeing as how he was part of my favorite couple, along with Katee. Upon review it was a pretty good season, with some fun numbers so I thought I would put up some of my favorite numbers of the year.

5 guys name moe: They should really let Nigel choreograph more numbers. This number is fun and upbeat, and extremely entertaining:



Joshua & Katee-Broadway: This was really the number that made them my favorite couple. Sure their No Air routine was good, but along with this one it showcased their versatility and overall awesomeness. Usually I don't really like Tyce Diorio numbers, their usually lackluster and don't uphold broadway. But this one was just pure entertainment:



Matt & Kourtni- Contemporary: For her first time choreographing on the show, Sonya didn't do a bad job. I enjoyed the comic book theme:



Katee & Twitch- Contemporary: As much as it sucked that Katee and Joshua got split up (because they are so perfect together), this number was pretty cool, and not the typical Mia Michaels routine:



Joshua & Chelsie- Argentine Tango: The tango is probably the only ballroom I can deal with, because ballroom sucks ass, and this dance was fun and sexy:



Joshua & Katee- Lyrical: It was their last number that they danced together and it was choreographed by Wade Robson, who is amazing, and criminally underused this season (because he was too busy totally creeping me out). But this routine is so emotional especially with the song, which I now have stuck in my head and like had to download it immediately:



Twitch & Kherington- Hip Hop: I wasn't a huge fan of Kherington, I don't know something just bugged me about her, but I liked Twitch and this routine:



Joshua & Katee- Bollywood: Way to go SYTYCD, you added a pretty cool genre in Bollywood, and thank god these two got it, or who knows how bad it could have turned out:



Debbie Allen Academy: When are they going to add tap to SYTYCD? Cuz this is awesome:



And just for fun:
Not season 4, but one of my favorite Wade Robson routines:

No comments: