Sunday, May 18, 2008

Why Disney, Why?


I always forget how awesome Disney movies are.  I mean, sure they are kids movies, but they are pretty freaking awesome.  I only say this because today I watched two Disney classics: The Lion King and a new classic Ratatouille.  Sure these movies are for children, yet they are so entertaining.  My one grievance with them is there inaccuracies as far as accents are concerned.  I mean in the Lion King, which takes place in Africa, you have animals with like ghetto, Jamaican, British, and the standard American accents.  Ummm, what the fuck?  You couldn't just like pick an accent and have all the actors do that accent?  And in Ratatouille it's even more apparent because the story takes place in France, and all the character, except for Linguini, are french.  Yet only like two of the characters speak in a french accent.  What?  Not even the rats, who have spent their whole life in France and therefore should at least have a french accent, have french accents.  Also the food critic guy, Ego, who grew up in France, has a freaking British accent.  Sure, it must have been a coup to get Peter O'Toole to do a voice in your movie, but you couldn't just tell him to do a french accent?  I mean, I love Disney movies, but couldn't they just be a little more accurate?

No comments: