Monday, May 19, 2008

Beach Games


Ok so that's not really the beach [it's actually a mural in the mission]. But going to the beach is super fun, and I really wish I did it more often. I feel like if I could I would totally live at the beach. Next year if it is ever nice out, you'll know where to find me. (at the beach, just in case you were wondering... I don't know why I changed it to italics) Anyway, a few observations.

First, dogs on the beach, adorable. If only I had a puppy here with me, I would bring him to the beach (that is if he wouldn't attack everything he saw, and if he wasn't terrified of the water).

Second, while most of the views on the beach are pleasant, say hot guys playing soccer, guys in wet suits surfing, puppies (again!), some are not. For instance, a guy lathering his, almost topless girl with lotion, really did not need to see that.

Thirdly, no matter how beautiful the beach is, you can, in fact, take too many pictures. After a while every photo looks the same, waves crashing is not that diverse.

So now I will leave you with what, in my opinion, are artistic and not the norm beach photos... (but really they probably are and not all that artistic, to boot):

So there is this moment, just after the wave come in, where the water is so clear and beautiful. Plus the sand underneath looks really cool (and the reflection of the people is not bad either).

So I was just aiming to take a picture of the waves, but got this guy in my picture. It's just such an awesome, happy accident.

I really like the way the water created this cool pattern when it was flowing back into the sea. Really cool.

Now I leave you with a pretty pathetic sand castle that we made. To be fair, we didn't have a pail, so we used the Frisbee we were playing with earlier. Oh yeah, and I made the tower on the left, and Allegra made the one on the right.

No comments: