Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What Has Two Thumbs and Went to Scranton?...

...This guy!


This is long over due, but Last Saturday, or maybe two Saturdays ago, Akita and I drove all the way to Scranton just to meet Mindy Kahling, otherwise known as Kelly from the Office (and if you still don't know, the Indian chick) The day did not start off all that good. I was a good fifteen minutes late getting out of the house, and by the time I got to Akita's house she wasn't even up, or ready to go. Cut to 45 minutes later, we off and on our way to Scranton. Then more chaos ensues.

First we exited the freeway, when we should have stayed on it. Then We drove about five miles the wrong way just to get some breakfast and gas. We finally got on the road again, and all was rolling smoothly, until we got to Scranton that is. The first time, we were too busy talk about how exciting it was to be in Scranton that we missed our turn and got lost. That fine, just turn around and find the right way, right? Wrong. Fact. We got lost so we tried to get back on the freeway that we were on in hopes of starting over, and in the process went the wrong direction. So take three. We turned around and started going the right way, and then exited at the right exit, only to turn the wrong way at the street. We then got lost through, what I think, was North Southwest Scranton, or something like that. Take Five. We turned around, and finally made it to the Steamtown Mall.

Now at this point we were freaking out, thinking that we had missed our opportunity to meet Ms. Kahling. As it turns out we weren't, we bought our games and went down to watch some trivia. We were both to scared to actually have signed up for the trivia, although, sitting listening, I think I would have kicked some ass, and maybe won? More likely, gotten out in the first round on some dumb mistake. Anwyay, we needed to recharge our batteries, so what should we come across but an arcade. We didn't want to waste all our money, so we shelled out all the quarters we could find, which ended up being many, and played our favorite type of game: shooting. We kicked some major ass with it too. Got all the way up to like the end of level three (the final level). We then got some lunch, and wandered about the mall, where I found a kick ass Flight of the Conchords poster, to go up in my dorm room.

Then we waited in line. I never quite know what to say when I meet someone somewhat famous. I usually say some pretty retarded things. Case in point, I totally geeked out on Roger Bart and told him how awesome I thought he was, and how much I love the You're a Good Man Charlie Brown Cd, (he told me that was a cute album), but still kind of embarrassing. So, when it comes to my turn to go get my game signed, we exchanged the pleasantries, how you doing?, then she goes, "how's it going?" and i proceed to say "pretty good, hanging out in the mall" And then my brain went "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" I mean, I would say I'm one of the biggest Office fans there are, and I said nothing of the sort. Oh well, I wasn't one of the many gushing, suck up fans that were there. I was somewhat special, and not in an I-eat-glue-sort-of-special. I hope.

We then walked away, kind of hyperventilating and laughing hysterically.

Here are some pics (and no, I have no idea what I was on to wear that outfit):



The Scranton sign we saw driving in.


"We got the game!"


The stage.


Ms. Mindy Kahling!


Just like the sign on the show!


A Scranton Train, and yes it was carrying people in it.


Scenic Scranton.


We went down...with Dwigt.


Overview, before the beet eating contest.


Me geeking out.

No comments: