Monday, July 28, 2008

Swarley...


If you take one part sarcasm (as in the Daily Show/Colbert Report), one part dry, witty, low energy, dead pan comedy (see The Office/Flight of the Conchords, and yes I am aware that is about five things), one part Frat humor (any Apatow, Frat Pack movie) and about three parts just stupidly smart stupid shit (see all of the above), you would get my sense of humor. If Flight of the Conchords, Arrested Development, The Office, and Judd Apatow and Jon Stewart could somehow breed and create an awesome bastard child of a show, well that would just be plain awesome. How I would not describe my humor is stupid stupid and sitcomy retardedness, which is what I always assumed How I Met Your Mother to be. In fact, I always thought HIMYM was just a seriously retarded show, just the premise alone made me not want to watch it: "hey kids let me tell you about how I met your mother," snoozer. Plus it's narrated by Bob Saget, who I totally think is douche bag, but I guess that's besides the point. But as it turns out, the show is actually pretty sweet. I mean Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segal are pretty awesome, and the show actually makes me laugh, even though I'm not too fond of the main character Ted, he's kind of annoying, and he totally reminds me of like if John Cusack and Jason Bateman had a bastard child, it would be this guy. But it got me asking, why I hadn't watched this show before? I suggest that you take it up as well.

No comments: