Thursday, September 3, 2009

Officially the Start of the Weekend! Yayness.

Today is officially the start of the weekend. Tomorrow is a Furlough Day, Monday is labor day, and Tuesday is yet another furlough day. I kinda don't know why they scheduled it like that, but it does make it kinda awesome. I wish I had known earlier, then I would maybe have planned something. As it stands now, I'm probably not going to do much, maybe go see Extract or Taking Woodstock, or both. Maybe even add in another viewing of Inglourious Basterds. I do have five days to do things.

It looks like I'm going to have a couple of days to myself here. Christina, my other single room roommate, is already gone. She left me a cute little note asking me to take care of her lavender sprout and to feel free to eat her food. My other two roommates, I'm not sure about the one, but it kinda looks like she is already gone too, I think she doesn't have classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so she probably already went home. Then my other roommate is going home on Sunday. So, I will have the apartment to myself.

Anyway, today is always the worst day. I have the two worst classes today: third cinema and critical studies.

The thing that really sucks about third cinema, is the teacher. She just plain sucks. It didn't really help that she spent like the first 15 to 20 minutes of the class talking about how she was going to take attendance. It was seriously convoluted. It's like we had to take out a piece of paper, write our name and the date on it, then sign it. Then we had to pass them up to a TA, depending on our last names. Only instead of just flooding them with all the papers, then having them sort through them during the last 2 hours of class, which probably would have been quicker, she had us pass them up like to a specific TA, but like spread out. So like, she was like A-G pass them up, then H-K, or whatever it was, etc. etc. It took an unnecessary amount of time. So now, at every class we must hand in our papers, then at the end of class we collect them. That way, we can't leave early. UGGGGGGGH. Really?! That's so irritating. It's like that's the only way she can get people to stay in class; because she is a really boring lecturer.

The other thing that really sucks about this class is she basically forces us to take notes, because she is going to collect them at the end of the semester. Like, I don't mind taking notes, but good grief, seriously? Then her reasoning is that that is the only way we can learn. Basically it's just so that we don't fall asleep and not pay attention to her boringness. Double UGH. Seriously.

The movie we started watching, but didn't finish, was Black God, White Devil, I believe that's what it's called, don't hold me to that. It's a brazilian film made in like 64. I honestly couldn't really tell you what happened. It's like there is this poor guy on the run, who becomes like a missionary for this Jesus-like figure, Saint Sabastian, but it involves like killing all the non-believers or something. Then some other priests hire a man to kill Saint Sabastian because he is taking away people who go there, and then they are losing profits and such. Violence ensues. There is lots of killing in this movie, that Saint Sabastian kills a baby, no lie.

ANYWAY.

After class I had a plan. I had totally blanked on paying my housing check, so my plan was to go back up to my room, get my check, pay housing, then sign up at the gym and work out. Sounds like a pretty solid plan, right? Well part A went all right. I went back up to my room, grabbed my check, then walked down the stairs to the housing office. I payed them, easy enough looked like smooth sailing. Then crossed over to the gym, to sign up. Usually, you just fill out some paperwork, then if you want to you can work out. I was ready, I had my towel, ipod, and everything (although no actual workout clothes. I totally forgot sweats and my running shoes. I guess that's what I get for packing 12 hours before my flight.) So, I walk into the gym and I ask can I sign up. The girl behind the desk says sure, have your student id?

.........

FUCK! I had totally forgotten about that part. So, I run up stairs, and as I'm walking into my room, I notice the number of our apartment. 605. I looked at the copy of what I had given them. What had I written? 506. GAHHH! I'm such a number dyslexic! Now, I'm kinda in a panic. But I go into my room grab my id card, and I'm off. Again, I run down the stairs, and head to the housing office. Get there, explain what I had done, and she said it would be fine, as long as everything else it right, I should be fine.

sigh.

That was a relief. Then walk over to the gym to sign up then work out. I get in, give her my ID, and she checks my name, then gives me a little sheet of paper, explaining that they had switch everything to the internet, and now you just sign up there. Just had to print something out and turn it in, then I could work out. I get back upstairs and look at the time, I didn't have enough time to fill out the form, print it out, go back downstairs, workout, without being late for class. Oh yeah, and I did all this in like 81 degree heat. I know, it's not that hot, but I want my high 60 degree weather back! I really don't want PA weather! I want my lovely SF weather! I guess working out will have to wait until tomorrow.

My other class was quite boring as well. Again, like my third cinema class, we didn't get started with the lecture for like 20 minutes while the professor and TAs were figuring out enrollment issues. It took a while. The class itself I might find interesting, if only the professor didn't always explain things like she was mad and on the defensive. And, when anyone dares to ask her to clarify anything, it's like she get all huffy, and doesn't really answer the question. I was hoping we would end early again, like we did last week. Unfortunately, she hadn't realized she had let us out early last week.

I was starving after class. I realized I had only eaten a banana at like 8 in the morning (the trend of me waking up at 7 in the am for no reason is continuing) and two little chunks of cheese before critical studies. I bought a coke, just to treat myself after a horrible day. My first soda in like 2 weeks. That's pretty good. I didn't even get one when I went to the movies. When I got back to my room, I made myself a stir fry. Yum.

After watching many more Sailor Moon episodes the thought occurs to me: how does Sailor Moon actually beat those bad guys? It takes her a million years to transform, then it takes her forever to whirl that baton around and fire. You would think that the bad guys could just move out of the way or run away while she's doing all the fancy, unnecessary twirling. Hmmmm.

No comments: