Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I am seriously exhausted.

I only had one class today, due to a teacher furlough day in screenwriting. It would have been sweet, if I had somehow managed to sleep in. But, alas, i am continuing this tread of waking up ridiculously early for no apparent reason, and even after going to bed really late last night (like 1 in the am I believe). I also, for God knows what reason, woke up in the middle of the night, it took me a good couple of minutes to get back to sleep.

So, that means that I only had one class today; Film Noir. Now, the truth of the matter is the professor for this class majorly sucks balls. It's like, she doesn't really know how to teach very effectively. Her voice plus the warmth in the room equals me nearly passing out. I think the only thing keeping me awake was the guy's hair who was sitting next to me. It was quite long and kept tickling my arm. I honestly have no idea what she was babbling on about. This and that. She kept bringing up westerns, which seems weird, since it's film noir, not a fucking western genre class.

The movie we watched today was Double Indemnity. I rather enjoyed it, but not as much as the guy with the long hair sitting next to me did. He kept laughing at like really random parts, that were kinda funny, but he was like really laughing. At some point I was getting annoyed, but then I was just like, whatevs, he's enjoying himself. the basic plot is that an insurance salesman plots, and goes through with, a murder of one of his clients because he is in love with the client's wife. I really did enjoy it, though.

The teacher is so irritating though, because we have these furlough days, which we're not supposed to have classes, and yet she is making us go out and find movies and stuff to watch on the furlough days. And on her teacher furlough days, we still have to go in and listen to TA lectures. That's lame. Oh well.

Anyway, that's pretty much all I did today.

I really want to continue and watch Sailor Moon, but in the season I'm in the voice actors have changed, and Serena's voice is sooooo fucking irritating. Ugh. But I have really enjoyed going back and watching the episodes. I forgot how ridiculous some aspects of the shows are. For instance, every episode, whenever Tuxedo Mask (btw, how do you think they came about naming him? "hmmmmm, well he wears a tuxedo, mask, and top hat. What do you think? Tuxedo Mask Top Hat?" "No no, that's ridiculous, how about we just call Tuxedo Mask?" "Perfect") shows up, Sailor Moon, or whoever is there, all of them will shout "Tuxedo Mask!",without fail. It's like, we get it, he's fucking Tuxedo Mask, you don't really have to keep saying name. We're not fucking ritards.

The other thing that's really retarded is every episode someone has to tell Sailor Moon to use her tiara or scepter or crystal, or whatever standard thing she uses to vanquish the baddies. You would think she would fucking know what to do. And yet, every episode, they go, "use your scepter Sailor Moon!" or "your turn, Sailor Moon!". I find it really funny, regardless. The other thing that's funny, is that Sailor Moon really doesn't have any powers, it's like she has to use objects, tiara, etc., to kill people, while the other sailor scouts have powers.

Another funny thing about the show is just the dialogue. Like I know it's a translation from the Japanese version, but sometimes it is just so absurd. Sometimes, I think they didn't feel like actually translating it, so they were like what do you think is happening in this scene? I went back and watched a couple of japanese versions with english subtitles, and they are kinda better, they sometimes will have more graphic scenes that were cut out of the english versions, but I hate having to read it, and I'm just so used to the regular voices of the Sailor Scouts, and they all have different name in the original. I'm sorry, but he is Darien, not Mamo. Also, I think they voice actors might be Canadian. They way they say 'sorry' and 'out' sound very canadian to me. (Come on Jessica, come on Tori, let's go to the mall, you won't be sorry)

Also, how come no one ever figured out their true identities? They look exactly the same transformed as when they are normal. It makes no sense.

My favorite scouts are Sailor Jupiter and Venus. Jupiter because she was my favorite as a kid. I think I identified with her because she was a brunette, and so was I. And Sailor Venus had some really sweet powers. Mars is too fucking bitchy, Mercury's powers are super lame (even if her hair is super cool), and Sailor Moon is a little whiny.

I kinda love going back and watching old things from the past. Like I watched the evil green ranger 5 episode arc, from the best show ever Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. I remember sitting on my rug in my living room in CA. And dressing up like the pink ranger for Halloween one year. Good times.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

yay for childhood tv shows & reliving the good ol' days! :D