Sunday, August 9, 2009

Catching Up.

It's been a while since I wrote in this thing. I haven't been doing it, mainly out of laziness and lack of any original ideas (but mostly it's out of laziness, to be sure). So having seen Julie & Julia twice, I feel compelled to write. That sounds really pathetic when said out loud.

There's not much to update in my life, I am just that boring. I am about to start my fourth and, hopefully, last year of college. Sometimes I feel like I haven't really accomplished anything in three years. I look at where I was when I first started and where I am now, and I'm pretty much still in the same place. I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life after college and again I have no friends. My one friend decided that I was no good to her any more, and hasn't talked to me since I moved out of our dorm room. That's fine, I guess. We must not have been friends after all. I just wish she had manned up and grew a pair and told me me she wasn't my friend anymore, rather than pretend to still be my friend for a couple of months, it's kind of a bitch move. And saying stuff behind my back, to "let out steam" does not a high road make. It's just passive aggressive, talking behind the back, anti-confrontational, high school shit. I imagine cheerleaders to do such antics. Smile at you while they stick a knife in your back type of shit. Very immature, to be sure.

Oh well, I at least know there are some people I can truly count on, and that's the most important thing.

I think about my summer, and lack of job situation. It sucked. I did get a job for a week when the US Women's Open golf tournament came to town. I washed dished in this tent with these awesome guys, Jose and Pedro. Me and Akita were the entertainment for everyone. It was fun, we would sing and make games out of everything. For instance we would guess how many more sheet pans we had to clean. One time I guessed right on the money. It was awesome. When I got interviewed for the job, the guy asked me what major accomplished I had that I was most proud of. Obviously it had to be something major, I could say what I really was most proud of (seeing all of the oscar nominated films and performances for all the major acting categories, no small feat. Or that when the oscars did roll around I guessed like almost all of the categories right.) No. No. It had to be big. I think I ended up just making something up. And what are my biggest accomplishment this summer? I read 4 and half of the Harry Potter books (so far, aiming to finish them all this week before I leave for school). Also, I saw Star Trek 14 times. What kind of accomplishments are those? While it might be fucking logical to see Star Trek 14 times, it's not really life changing.

My life is like all anticipation for something I'm not sure will ever happen. It's a drumroll that never ends. I am also no closer to finishing a script that I am trying to write. Sometimes I think it's foolish to try and accomplish anything. Sometimes I think about the futility of life and it bums me out. Then I try and not think about it, cuz that is just depressing as hell to think about. I can try and resolve to change, but that might never happen. I think once you get to a certain age, it is impossible to change from who you are. I'm pretty set in my ways at this point.

Anyway, that is my life right now. Pretty freaking bleak. I try to keep a positive attitude though. When life gives you lemons, just say "fuck the lemons" and bail. Hopefully this year will be better than last.


1 comment:

Lauren said...

I'm with you Ellen!

But you're a talented writer! You should maybe see Julie and Julia again lol then come home and finish writing your script!

I'd love to read it when you finish!

and forget about that "friend" you lost... because she did you a favor!

I'm your friend and I'll always be here for you!

=)