Thursday, November 6, 2008

Them.


So, obviously, this is way overdue, but I saw She & Him on Sunday! Yay. And all I can say is awesome. They are such an amazing live band. Like the record was awesome, but like there is such an energy to their live show, and Zooey Deschanel's voice is even better live, like way more powerful than the record would lead you to believe.

What is it with opening bands and sucking so much ass? This time it was a group by the name of Lavendar Diamond. Like the music seemed fine, like I kind of liked it, but the voice and like lyrics sucked so much ass. And she kept fucking rambling on about stuff no one cares about. Like about how how she used beets instead of blush, and like about why she wasn't sure she wanted to play at the club, called Bimbo 365 Club, because 'bimbo, you know? but then someone said, "no it's a really classy place" and I said, ok." It is a really classy place, btw, except for the fact that they were so strict with the cameras. I snuck mine in by sandwiching it between my boobs, but then when I got in, I was too scared to take a picture. They like made an announcement before the show started saying that if they caught anyone recording or taking pictures, they would throw that person out and take their memory card, so I didn't want to chance it.

So then the real show started, and She & Him came out. Ummm, they are so awesome. I love Zooey Deschanel's voice. And M. Ward is an awesome guitarist. The one thing that sucked, is that, of course we got stuck next really fucking annoying people. Every time they would play a song, the one like superfan would turn to her friend, and say, "I LOVE THIS SONG!". I mean I like most of the songs, all 12 of them, BUT it is not necessary to say that before EVERY FUCKING SONG! But yeah, they were really awesome, they played all of their songs, then two new songs and three covers, one of which was 'I Put a Spell on You', really awesome. She also dedicated 'Sweet Darlin'' to Barack Obama, really cute. Also really cute was when Zooey joined M. Ward on the piano at the end of 'Sweet Darlin''. Oh, and the girls were going crazy for M. Ward, especially when they sang 'You Really Gotta a Hold on Me'.

Oh, then Allegra pointed out to me that M. Ward could totally be a Jonas Brother, which he totally could. Ok, so not being a huge fan of the JBs [sorry Akita], I'm not entirely sure. But I'm pretty sure he could be. Like, a slightly older brother.



Anyway, I the show was awesome! I suggest that you see them if they come to a town near you.


Ok, so not the concert I went to, but their cover of 'I put a spell on you' was really good.

3 comments:

Ali said...

Hmmm...I think he could be an older Jonas Brother. No lie. Haha. How old is he?

And you know, I would have wanted to go. One day, we'll go to a concert together. One day.

Howie Mandel is on the tv now, with a stache and beard. I thought he was a germophobe....hmmm


SmSub! I love it.

se/ara/h said...

um, lavender diamond is awesome! come on cynical head.

alance got to meet zooey whats her name. he said she is really stunning. cause my old roommate gary went on tour with m ward like a year or two ago. have you checked out his stuff? its sooo good. haha about the jonas bro comment!

so, obama what??? wooord.

The Drowsy Observer said...

yes actually, i have listened to some M. ward stuff. I decided since I liked she & him so much, i might like his stuff too, and I totally do. So cool that gary went on tour with him!

and i should say that after the show I decided to download Lavender Diamond's album, and since that time two songs have popped up on shuffle, and I do not mind them that much, I think it was just that it was getting annoying listening to the lead singer go on and on and on, but actually i kinda like their stuff.